Friday, January 14, 2011

my friendly neighborhood 7/11


Seven Eleven, Twenty Four Seven,

On the corner of Nautilus and Heaven.

You boast the only white employee on the block:

My diet coke dealer, I need you ‘round the clock.


Double gulp please. We will mock you otherwise.

Go big or go home, even in the midst of night.

Groms sit outside. They sometimes ask for a ride,

More often than not down to Windan’ to check the tide.


Even on weekends, 7/11 is the place to be

Late night, every night whatever your needs.

Once I arrived with a friend speaking French,

They let us use the restroom then across the boulevard we went.


My dedication to you is so sincere,

I can never replace you, I hope you’ll always be here.

I came into this world 7 pounds 11 ounces,

And I want nothing more than a sign that pronounces

My love.


The sadest part of this ode is yet to come,

When I leave for college, I’ll leave not only La Jolla, but my home.

7/11 that is, and their 89 cent doughnuts,

But don’t cry for me, ‘cause I’ll be home for Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment