Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Sorry, I have to take my brother to the ER

If I use that excuse one more time I swear it will come true. Used today to get out of a date with a douchebag, it is not the first time I my brother's athleticism and history with injury has come in handy.

Once, my mom and I were meeting with a doctor. We go into her office and it's covered in weird trinkets. She is wearing head-to-toe Pepto-Bismol pink, including an oversized hair bow. She thinks a child-size desk is adequate. My mom, at this point, had just learned to text, and when she looked down and read an invisible text, I knew she was up to something. Suddenly, "Oh my God. My son is at football practice and he just broke his leg. We need to take him to the ER." Like mother like daughter.

This time was necessary because of a stupid, stupid guy. He, for some reason, mistook me for a girl who takes sh*t from anyone. After hanging out once, he stood me up, and then today, an hour after when we were supposed to meet, he texts me, "Hey". Hey? Hey, what? Hey, you were supposed to pick me up an hour ago? Hey, you are really cute, which is probably why you usually get away with this type of behavior? Hey, you suck and your tattoos are stupid?

Safe to say, I was what Amy refers to as "first-date fooled" in this situation. The first time I hung out with this guy he was great. A real charmer. A gentleman. But that was all a game.

Nicole says she has difficulty continuing to like a guy after the second date. Well, at least you can locate the guy to get a second date out of him. I don't possess that ability it seems, and this douchebaggery is just about enough to turn a girl gay.

New York guys, you better impress.

No comments:

Post a Comment