Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The American Way

Laziness and procrastination, beautifully exhibited by me, here.

Finally, I have multiple things to note, such as the fact that the senior rec room is infested with rats. One galloped by my feet, I screamed like a large-boned little girl, and scurried away. I realize the two verbs would make more sense if swapped, but that's how it happened. Upon this horrifying discovery, someone casually mentioned that there were two others she had seen on the couch. ON THE COUCH.

Girl: Oh, but they're so cuteee!
Me: That's something you can discuss with your therapist. I need to leave now.

No one seems to be as concerned as I am that these rats are living with us. I suspect we will be kicked out of the rec room for extermination, and that, my friends, is unacceptable.

It has also come to my attention that I need to keep up this blog for academic reasons. My journalism teacher handed back my most recent article with one comment: "You need to work harder on what you turn in for class. Case in point: your blog is better." So, if my blog is better than my grades, I should at least keep that to hold on to.

Also in recent news, I had to get a haircut. This seems mundane without pretext. I had a breech in sanity last Tuesday night, and figured "since I am competent at trimming my own side bangs, I should be able to give my whole head a trim." False. I chopped into what I thought would become a medium-length chunk of hair, which turned out to be chin length. To ease the trauma, I made the other side it's twin. This was a horrible idea. After panic struck, I hid the evidence and wore my hair up.

Fortunately, this story has a happy ending. I made an appointment at a new salon, and fell in love with my Latvian hair dresser, Ella. She is full of knowledge and wit, and my hair is half-decent looking. I'm not sure why I regressed to the large toddler stage of my life and destroyed my own hair, but hopefully the part of me that enjoys wash-and-go locks will prevail over crazy me in the future.

Moral of the story, it could be worse, but is still a pain to have to blow dry my hair so it doesn't look like a bob. The end.

P.S. The fake dog mysteriously disappeared. Good riddance.

No comments:

Post a Comment